Connect PC to Internet using Android Phone’s GPRS connection
This tutorial will show you How to connect your PC / Laptop to the internet using the GPRS / EDGE / 3G data connection on your Android phone (HTC Dream / G1); or in other words, to tether your PC to your Android Phone. In this tutorial, I will tether the Android phone to PC via USB.
To Enable Tethering on your Android phone:
1. Install the TetherBot application on your phone –
2. Install the Android SDK on your PC. Also install the device driver bundled with the SDK.
3. Now go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB Debugging on your phone.
4. Connect the phone to your PC; start the TetherBot application and press the Start Socks button.
5. On your PC, go to Command Prompt (Run > CMD) and navigate to the \androidsdk\tools directory.
6. Type this command and execute it
adb forward tcp:1080 tcp:1080
This starts a SOCKS proxy on Port 1080 using which you can connect to the internet.
You can now use this proxy to access the internet using any browser which allows you to set up a SOCKS proxy like Opera or Firefox.
For example, in Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Connection > Settings > Manual Proxy Configuration >