How to Install Plugins on PSP
If you have a modded PSP with CFW (Custom Firmware) installed, you can install many plugins in your PSP.
How To Install Plugins on PSP
1. Download the Plugin
- There are many sources to download plugins for your PSP. The most popular one I know is http://dl.qj.net/PSP/catid/106 . You can also find many plugins on torrent sites. Most of them are just a Google search away.
- Next, check whether the plugin is compatible with your PSP Firmware version. Some plugins don’t work with the latest CFW 5.00 M33-4.
- Extract the plugin files to any folder. You should get a .PRX file alongwith a Readme or Help file. The procedure to install the plugins is explained in that Help file. I will enlist the general procedure.
2. Copy the Plugin to your PSP
- Connect the PSP to your computer using the data cable and goto Settings > USB Connection.
- Open your PSP drive (Suppose X:) in My Computer, and goto the seplugins folder. If it isn’t there already, create a new folder and rename it to seplugins. The absolute path of the folder should be X:seplugins. Copy the .PRX file of your plugin to X:seplugins.
- Now create files called VSH.txt, GAME.txt, GAME150.txt and POPS.txt in the seplugins folder. Depending on when you want to enable the plugin, just enter the path of the plugin in the corresponding txt file.
Remember to substitute pluginname.prx with your plugin’s name.
In the following text files,
VSH.txt : If you want the plugin to be active in the XMB, add the line to VSH.txt.
GAME.txt – If you want the plugin to be active when you play any ISO / CSO or UMD game, add the line to GAME.txt.
GAME150.txt – If you want the plugin to be active when you play any homebrew game, add the line to GAME150.txt.
POPS.txt – If you want the plugin to be active when you play any PSX game, add the line to POPS.txt.
Most of the plugins need to be enabled only in the XMB, so just add that line to VSH.txt and save it. Keep the other files blank.
For example if you are installing the very useful HOLD plugin, enter ms0:/seplugins/HOLD.prx in VSH.txt.
If you want to install two plugins, just insert two lines in the corresponding file: VSH.txt >
3. Enable the Plugin:
- Switch off the PSP and restart it while holding the Right button to access the Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, just goto Plugins (Press X), and enable your plugin. Go back and exit the recovery mode. If everything went right and the plugin is compatible with your firmware version, your plugin should be enabled now.
If you have any doubts or need help finding a plugin, leave a comment.