How To Root Nook Color
How To Root Nook Color (Android)
How to Install Apps and Games on Nook Color
Update: Get the AutoNooter instead of Pokey’s Nooter to get Android Market access on the Nook Color. You can also read Kindle Books on the Nook Color. Check this tutorial for more details – How To Enable Android Market on Nook Color and Read Kindle Books on it – Complete Guide
The Nook Color, a $250 Android ebook reader has been rooted by the XDA community. Here’s a tutorial which explains how you can root your Nook Color.
How to Root the Nook Color And Install Android Apps and Games on it.
What You Need
1. A Nook Color
2. 64 MB+ microSD card
3. A computer (Windows, Linux or Mac)
Steps to Root a Nook Color (Android)
1. Download this file – Pokey9000’s Nooter
2. Extract the image file from the ZIP archive and write it on your microSD card.
3. Remove the microSD card and insert it into your Nook. Press the power button for 15 seconds to turn it on and connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
4. The Nook Color will boot from the microSD card. Your computer should detect a new USB device in about 30 seconds.
5. Now remove the microSD card and reboot the Nook Color. It should boot normally.
6. Now, the Nook Color has been modified to enable ADB connections. You need to modify the ADB INI file before you can use it to install apps on the Nook Color. – Here’s how.
7. To install apps and games on your Nook Color, just run this command using ADB
ADB install package.apk
where package.apk is the APK of the app you want to install.